Navigating the Project Save the World website
We have to save the world from six global threats—war and weapons (especially nuclear); global warming; famine; pandemics; massive radiation exposure; and cyberattacks—and we have to solve them all at the same time! They are connected, so if you work on one of these, you need to stay in touch with people who are working on the other five. Until now there has been no convenient website for doing so, but now there is:
- On the home page you will see our Platform for Survival, a list of 25 public policies that, if implemented, would greatly reduce the risk of all six threats. (Six of the proposals are “enabling measures”—economic and governmental changes that help make the others more feasible.)
- If you accept 20 or more of the 25, please sign it—either as an individual or for your organization. If your organization signs, we’ll gladly hotlink its website.
- Click on any threat or numbered proposal on the Platform and a new page will open, with an article explaining the proposal, followed by a comments column for discussing any related topic. You can post a photo or short video with each of your comments.
- On the left side of the page are blue buttons that you can click to access various resources, including many video discussions of relevant topics, and an audio podcast made from the soundtrack of each video. You can download podcasts and listen to them in the car or the bathtub. (Click on the Podcast button for instructions.)
- There is an Events Listing. If your organization plans, say, a meeting, lecture, or potluck supper that you invite others to attend and you’ve endorsed the platform, please publicize it here. Click on the button “Add an Event” and you’ll find a form to fill out. We will look it over and post it online within 36 hours.
- To find interesting events related to our six global threats anywhere in the world, click the button “View Coming Events” and see what partners are doing nearby or abroad.
- This website and the talk shows videos and podcasts are all sponsored by Peace Magazine. Click on its link to access the archive of articles over the past 34 years or to subscribe. Every signatory group or individual is also invited to submit articles for possible publication.
- There is also a bibliography of important books and articles about our six threats.
- We list a number of ongoing projects or campaigns that you may wish to support. Most of them are co-sponsored by several different organizations. Click on the blue “Global Projects” button for a list of such projects. Each project has a page of its own. Click on a project for basic information and to participate in its online discussion. If you are working on a global project, we may be able to add a page for it to the website. Ask us!
- On the last Sunday of every month we hold a videoconference for all activists in the world to discuss whatever is on your minds. We invite you to join in. Click on the No-Agenda Chats button for instructions on participating. You can even watch earlier ones.
With these resources, let’s stay in touch—and save the world from six global threats!